Le 15-déc.-05, à 03:04, Saibal Mitra a écrit :

To me it seems that the notion of ''successor'' has to break down at cases where the observer can die. The Tookies that are the most similar to the Tookie who got executed are the ones who got clemency. There is no objective reason why these Tookies should be excluded as ''successors''. They miss the part of their memories about things that happened after clemency was denied. Instead of those memories they have other memories. We forget things all the time. Sometimes we remember things that didn't really happen. So, we allow for information loss anyway. My point is then that we should forget about all of the information contained in the OM and just sample from the entire
set of OMs.

The notion of a ''successor'' is not a fundamental notion at all. You can
define it any way you like.

?

It will not lead to any conflict with any
experiments you can think of.

?

Counterexamples will appear if I succeed to explain more of the conversation with the lobian machines.

But just with the Kripke semantics we have a base to doubt what you are saying here. Indeed, it is the relation of accessibility between OMs which determine completely the invariant laws pertaining in all OMs. For example, if the multiverse is reflexive the Bp -> p is true in all OMs (that is, Bp -> p is invariant for any walk in the multiverse). If the mutliverse is "terminal" of "papaioannou-like) then Dt -> ~BDt is a law. In Kripke structure the accessibility relation determined the invariant laws. later, the modal logic is given by the machine interview, and from that, we will determine the structure of the multiverse, including the "observable" one.