--- Brent Meeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John M wrote:
> > Dear Lennart,
> > I did not read Cooper's argumentation, but would
> like to learn (I don't
> > believe he explained that) with what kind of
> logical system is he capable of
> > thinking except for the ONE which our mind
> provided - within the
> > circumstances and evolutionary process (I call the
> 'history' of this entire
> > universe: evolution)
> > we 'live' in?
> > Whatever one imagines is human-bound.
>
> Cooper argues that making decisions in accordance
> with logic is an evolved behavoir - so he would
> agree that it is very much "within the circumstances
> and evolutionary process".  He further argues
> that classical logic is not the evolutionarily
> stable form of logic, i.e. it not the most fit form
> of cogitation in our present evolutionary situation.
>  He contemplates more advanced logics that
> would include more of what we think of as decision
> theory.
>
> I highly recommend his book, "The Evolution of
> Reason".
>
> Brent Meeker

>Thanks for the book-recommendation, as I wrote I will
get it (when I manage to get 'moving out' and go to a
library).

I think I misread the "classical" distinction.

I also think that any evolutionary situation (decision
theory et al.) are still within "human" thinking in
the "percept of reality" as interpreted into the
mind's "model" of the entirety, not - as you easily
said - "reality" itself (if it exists at all as we
think of it).

John Mikes
(as not identical to our models).