Johnathan Corgan writes:

> > That's because for hundreds, if not thousands, of years their theologians
> > have had to explain why their God is invisible, unnoticable,
> > incompehensible, and undetectable.  So a null experimental outcome,
> > like the recent studies of the efficacy of healing prayer, is ho-hum.
>
> For a rather lengthy, straight-faced treatment of intercessory prayer
> and victims of amputation:
>
> http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god5.htm

Great article! I initially thought that it was written by some poor, honest
Christian
genuinely struggling with the logical consequences of his beliefs. But then
such a
person would quickly either fall back on blind faith or reject his beliefs as
false, so
there can't be many around.

On the other hand, I once spoke to someone who claimed he saw God miraculously
fill a cavity in a tooth with amalgam while the faithful were invited to
observe with
little flashlights, so I guess someone will say that God *does* heal amputees.

Stathis Papaioannou