This arXiv paper should be of interest here.

----- Forwarded message from "Yonatan Fishman, Ph.D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Thought this would be of interest:
The Mathematical Universe
Authors: Max Tegmark

(Submitted on 5 Apr 2007)

Abstract: I explore physics implications of the External Reality Hypothesis
(ERH) that there exists an external physical reality completely independent
of us humans. I argue that with a sufficiently broad definition of
mathematics, it implies the Mathematical Universe Hypothesis (MUH) that our
physical world is an abstract mathematical structure. I discuss various
implications of the ERH and MUH, ranging from standard physics topics like
symmetries, irreducible representations, units, free parameters and initial
conditions to broader issues like consciousness, parallel universes and
Godel incompleteness. I hypothesize that only computable and decidable (in
Godel's sense) structures exist, which alleviates the cosmological measure
problem and help explain why our physical laws appear so simple. I also
comment on the intimate relation between mathematical structures,
computations, simulations and physical systems.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0704.0646

Yon

----- End forwarded message -----