Thanks, Russell, it was very educative. I learned about singularity probably
before you were born, and that was not a 'mathematical' one. By 1956 I
probably even forgot about it. The term - in its classical form - was almost
interchangeable with nirvana. Probably the first model of a black hole could
mimick it: nothing in, nothing out, no information either. Even measurements
were missing since the 'ouside' size could project on the inside, so it was
a (mathematical) point.
I usually look up Google (incl. Wiki) when I suppose there is a 'newer'
version to be known,
I did not in this case, because I was happy with the old vesion.
John M