Hi Bruno,

Thank you for the detailed response. I was aware of most arguments up until
the self-referential machine part and, of course, agree with them. That part
I'm still digesting, although I believe I understand most of your argument
there.

I'm having a hard time understanding this particular statement:

"The lobian error is that prohibition at the start deprive its target of its
responsibility. Eventually it dissolves irresponsibility in a  unsustainable
economical pyramidal power which can only crash. Better to stop that asap!"

You might be interested in this 1-year old article from Time, discussing how
drug use decriminalization in my home country (Portugal) resulted in a
decrease in said drug use:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

Best Regards,
Telmo.

> 78 % of the heroin consumers have begin with cannabis.
>
> This is a confusion between A => B and B => A, or A included in B with B
> included in A.
>
> To see if the consumption of substance A leads to the consumption of
> substance B, you have to look at the proportion of the consumers of B among
> A; not at the proportion of the consumers of A among B. You could as well
> say water is a gateway drug, given that 100% of the heroin consumers have
> begun with water.
>
> I have a paper in a magazine with a big title: 'the first death by salvia
> divinorum". It relates the case of a guy who get an heart attack when
> smoking salvia. I let you see it is the same error as above (together with
> the non genuine idea of using a sample with only one element).
>
> The same error are done, even by "expert" in the relation made between
> cannabis and lung cancer, or cannabis and (Mexican) violence.
> Another example, one day a car accident nearby involved three drivers
> having smoked cannabis, and already some minister said we have to be more
> though on drugs. Again to derive this you have to look at the quantity of
> car accident among those who smoked cannabis, not at the quantity of smokers
> of cannabis among those who have a car accident. It is always a confusion
> between A included in B and B included in A.
> That same error occurs pretty everywhere, and I think purely associative
> neural nets does that error. It is easy to do that error, as implication is
> a not so intuitive concept.
>

> Note that *in the circumstance of prohibition*, cannabis is indeed a
> gateway drug. A non negligible number of cannabis smoker get addicted to
> tobacco by their first joints. That number decreases thanks to the legality
> of ... tobacco. That legality makes transparent 'soon or later' the 'truth'
> about the product. We know today (smoked) tobacco is killer one in the
> world.
> To add tobacco to cannabis consists to put a toxic and addictive product to
> enjoy a product which by itself has never been found to led to any
> problem. Also, the prohibition of cannabis makes it available only in
> underground market where sellers don't ask your ID, and could add addictive
> product to cannabis for making you coming back, or just may advertise you on
> other drugs. So prohibition of cannabis, or anything, leads to gateway
> effect.
> The evidence are on the side that cannabis and salvia are among the safest
> and most efficacious known medication. In the Netherlands and in France,
> some study seems to show that driving under cannabis reduced the frequency
> of car accident. It has been known 20 years ago in the USA that it can cure
> some cancers, and this has been only recently confirmed on both mouse and
> humans that it does so. I can give hundreds of reference/links on this.
>
> Today many lies and many correct reasoning and genuine information can be
> [...]
For example, when most lies on cannabis are defeated, prohibitionists claim
it is a gateway drug. It would lead to the consumption of stronger drugs. If
asked to justify, they say propositions like that: