On 07.08.2011 21:26 Craig Weinberg said the following:
On Aug 7, 11:47 am, Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>  wrote:
On 07.08.2011 17:12 Craig Weinberg said the following:

It seems that pain is some brain function, see for example

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/interviews/interview/651/

I have just searched in Google

people that do not experience pain

and this was the first link.

It's saying that the amplification of pain is a molecular function:

"It seems there are a whole series of *proteins that detect* various
types of damage, be it hot, cold, pressure, etc. These seem to be
integrated together by this *SCN9A, which seems to be an amplifier*
that takes these small initial tissue damage signals and turns them
into a much larger sodium impulse and a nerve can fire."

What WE feel as pain are what our brain cells feel from other
neurons when they are functioning properly. This genetic mutation
affects the neuron's ability to amplify the pain, not the ability for
the other cells of the body to feel the micro-pain that they might
feel when repairing themselves from damage, and the proteins of the
cell that detect that damage... which suggests that awareness is
operating robustly at the molecular level.

Thanks, I have to read it more carefully.

Evgenii