Brent wrote:

*"No, but some neuron excites some other neuron is all that happens later in
your brain too.  So where does it become pain?  Is it when those neurons in
your brain connect the afferent signal with the language modes for "pain" or
with memories of injuries or with a vocal cry?"*

<PAIN and more such> We are talking here - I suppose - about a complexity
and should not single out individual ingredients for desultory explanation,
or any 'Occamized' characterization 'shaved off' from the rest of the
complex. If we can 'analyze' a complexity it is not a complexity, only that
portion of it what we discovered up to yesterday.

The classic <kaon?> if a branch falls in the forest and nobody is there to
hear, does it make a noise? and please spare us the physicalist explanation
for 'noise' as airwaves undulating. frequencies etc. etc. - it is only a
description of the mechanism attached to it.
Pain is not a "thing" (Ding an sich) it is a complex outcome of - among
others - neuronal excitements and memories of injuries etc. that occurred in
connection with a 'feeling'(?).
I would not attempt to describe 'feeling' upon those physical/physiological
data our science so far disclosed as attached to the more complex phenomena.
Think of the inventory a long time ago: 5 senses? Last I read it was 64 and
counting. Now maybe hundreds.

John M