On 8/13/2011 12:50 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
True, but why doesn't the millions of odd electron interactions within
the cell cancel out the effect of the straightness of the photon
paths? I would think that the retina would have to be an immaculate
crystalline surface rather than a lumpy community of breathing protein
sacs in order to retain the integrity of the photon pattern. If the
visual cortex can compensate for all of that, as well as movements of
the eyeball and head, it seems like it could read through the patterns
of photon interactions just as our auditory nerve hears through the
acoustic collisions of charged particles as they interact and
interfere.

Sorry, I don't have the time to teach physics on this list. Others may be better qaulified anyway or you could read a textbook.