Hi,

Recently a link was referenced that discussed how serial sectioning of brains is being automated: http://www.mcb.harvard.edu/lichtman/ATLUM/ATLUM_web.htm I have a question about this. Will this technology yield a model of the dynamics of brain activity or will it be another taxonomy of brain structures? It seems that dynamics are completely missing from the narrative about scanning and uploading our brains into Turing Machines. How exactly is a topological map of the structure of the brain contain any information about the specifics of brain activity? At best it might allow us to toss out models of dynamics that have implications that would contradict the topology structure, but nothing at all about how the topologies evolve.

Onward!

Stephen