On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 08:00:55PM -0400, Stephen P. King wrote:
> >There has to be some form of identity thesis between brain and mind
> >that prevents the Occam catastrophe, and also prevent the full retreat
> >into solipsism. I think it very much an open problem what that is.
> Hi Russell,
>
>     Would the conjecture that the Stone duality provide a coherent
> version of this "identity thesis"? Minds, as per Comp, -> logical
> algebras and Brains -> topological spaces. Not not, how so?
>
> Onward!
>
> Stephen

I have to confess to not having the slightest inkling what you're
saying here. I did briefly look at Stone duality on Wikipedia, but it
didn't help much. I assume that you're interested in some duality between
an algebra (perhaps one of Bruno's hypostases, if they're an algebra)
and a topological space that could stand in for physical reality, but
beyond that I'm totally lost :).