On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

"So you believe that the theory according to which consciousness is a gift
> by a creationist God is as bad as the theory according to which
> consciousness is related to brain activity?"

If creationists could explain consciousness then I would be a creationists,
but they can not. Brain activity does not explain consciousness either. I
don't know how but I believe as certainly as I believe anything that
intelligence causes consciousness. I believe this not because I can prove
it but because I simply could not function if I thought I was the only
conscious being in the universe.

" the quanta does not exist primitively but emerge, in the comp case, from
> number relations."

What sort of numbers, computable numbers or the far more common
non-computable numbers? And what sort of relations.?

> "This means that indeed we can write simple program leading to
> intelligence"

I don't know what that simple program could be, but I have already given a
example of a simple program leading to emotion.

> "My whole point is that intelligence is not a constructive concept, like
> consciousness you cannot define it."

Intelligence is problem solving; not a perfect definition by any means but
far far better than any known definition of consciousness.  Examples are
better than definitions anyway, intelligence is what Einstein did and
consciousness is what I am.

 John K Clark