On 10 February 2012 14:08, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:

> No. Craig can be considered to be exploring the implications of
> Chalmer's claim that consciousness is a fundamental property of the
> physical, like mass, spin and charge, i.e. it is not emergent from matter.
> His concept of "sense" is not much different from your 1p or the content of
> a "simulation".

I disagree with this assessment, I think.  ISTM that equating
consciousness with other physical properties inevitably puts one in
the position of having to "build up" composite entities from the
properties of their components - hence the notorious "grain" and
"binding" problems.  The "theology" of comp, on the other hand, seems
to imply that at some "ultimate" level consciousness is a symmetric
unity, but that this symmetry is broken, by the internal logic of
comp, into an infinity of views.  Of course, this latter idea can only
make sense in terms of 1p; from the 3p perspective, all that exists is
computation.

David