Evgenii,

Very nice summary of the history of the terms in physics and information theory. I think it is valuable to have centralized this information.

While I was reading your discussion of thermodynamic entropy reaching zero at 0K a thought occurred to me which can restore meaning and comparability between the terms:

Thermodynamic entropy refers only to the entropy (uncertainty) associated with particle velocities.

Thus at 0K thermodynamic entropy is 0 and 0 bits of information are required to describe the relative velocities of all the paeticals at 0K.

Memory devices do not increase their storage capacity as they become hotter because no memory device today encodes information in terms of partical velocities.

Under this view it is apparent that thermodynamic entropy is not the same thing as entropy or information, it is a qualified term. However, it seems thermodynamic entropy and "thermodynamic information" could perhaps be considered synonymous.

Jason