On 27 Feb 2012, at 23:26, meekerdb wrote:

On 2/27/2012 2:15 PM, Joseph Knight wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com > wrote:
On Feb 27, 3:15 pm, Joseph Knight <joseph.9...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM, ronaldheld <ronaldh...@gmail.com> wrote: > > What observations or measurements can I perform that would falsify
> > COMP?
>
> The best thing would be to work in the other direction, and see if you can > derive the "wrong" laws of physics from COMP itself. If you could do that,
> then COMP is false.

Since I can fly sometimes in dreams, that proves that if comp were
true, it is capable of varying the laws of physics. I have not yet
heard why comp prefers one set of physical laws outside of my head and
many spontaneously shifting sets of physical non-laws inside my head.

With COMP it's all "inside your head" so I don't see the problem.

That IS the problem. Since they are both "inside your head" why is dreaming so different from being awake.

Because when we are awake, we are in front of the matter generated by all computations. When we are dreaming we are in a higher level relative emulation (all UMs can do that). The difference is that reality is a deep arithmetical sharable dreams by machines having in common a very long, and statistically persistent high number of computations.
Personal dreams are more 1p singular than 1p plural.