On 9 June 2012 11:17, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Such a backtracking (proposed once by Saibal Mitra on this list) can also be
> used to defend the idea that there is only one person, and that personal
> identity is a relative "illusory" notion. We might be a "God" playing a
> trick to himself, notably by becoming amnesic on who and what he is.

We seem to agree on this, at least some of the time!  If we entertain
such notions, the question then presents itself - assuming one doesn't
accept, with Hoyle, that this similarly entails "only one" multiplexed
stream of consciousness - how "only one person" can be conceived as
being the subject of every experience "simultaneously"?

David