On 22.07.2012 17:52 Stephen P. King said the following:
This is great news for Bruno! ;-)

I was interested in the computational complexity factor involved.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/21/big-leap-in-bio-engineering-scientists-simulate-an-entire-organism-in-software-for-the-first-time-ever/

I do not have access to the paper at Science Direct but it might be good to browse it before making any conclusion.

I would expect this to be done at the level of molecular mechanics and this is very tricky to choose the right potential. Then it is unclear how much of physical time have been simulated. 10 hours of simulation time should be at the level of nanoseconds of physical time provided they have not found a break through. Also it is unclear what boundary conditions have been employed.

Evgenii