Hear hear! It is the shared delusion of many first person content.

On 8/12/2012 12:01 PM, William R. Buckley wrote:

Roger:

Nothing in the universe is objective.  Objectivity is an ideal.

When the physicist seeks to make some measure of the

physical universe, he or she necessarily must use some other

part of the physical universe by which to obtain that measure.

QED.

The physical universe is purely subjective.

wrb

*From:*everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Roger
*Sent:* Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:35 AM
*To:* everything-list
*Subject:* Why AI is impossible

Hi Evgenii Rudnyi

This is not going to make you computer folks happy, sorry.

Life is whatever can experience its surroundings,

nonlife cannot do so.  That's the difference.

Intelligence requires the ability to experience what it is selecting.

So only life can have intelligence.

Life is subjective, nonlife is objective.

Computers cannot experience anything because they are not subjective,

only objective. Everytthing must be in words, not directly experienced.

Thus computers cannot be (truly) intelligent. And AI is impossible,

because only living items can experience the world..

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>

8/12/2012