2012/8/29 Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>

>  On 8/28/2012 4:02 PM, meekerdb wrote:
>
> On 8/28/2012 12:50 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
>
> Not at all. You need only a Turing universal system, and they abound in
> arithmetic.
>

>     This universality, as you yourself define it, ensures that all copies
> are identical and this by the principle of indiscernible are one and the
> same mind. There is no plurality generated unless there is a necessitation
> of a physical state association to a mind, but this would contradict comp.
>

> No I it doesn't contradict comp, because the associated physics isn't
> ontologically primitive, it's part of what is generated by the UD.
>

> Hi Brent,
>
>     Until there is a precise explanation of  what this phrase "generation
> by the UD" might mean, we have just a repeated meaningless combinations of
> letters appearing on our computer monitors.
>

>   But I think it is right that there must be an associated physics, that
> 'mind' cannot exist independent of a physical world it experiences.
>

>     Please explain this to Bruno, as it is that I am complaining about in
> his step 8.

I don't recall Bruno ever talking about free floating minds. The only thing
he said is that the physical world result of the indeterminacy on the
infinite set of computations that goes through our current state (the one
assumed perfectly captured at the right substitution level) that diverge on
the next step.

Quentin