Hi:

Awareness can  be functionally (we do not know if experientially)
 computable. A program can run another program (a metaprogram) and do
things depending on its results of the metaprogram (or his real time
status). This is rutine in computer science and these programs are called
"interpreters".

 The lack of  understanding, of this capability of metacomputation that any
turing complete machine has, is IMHO the reason why  it is said that the
brain-mind can do things that a computer can never do.  We humans can
manage concepts in two ways : a direct way and a reflective way. The second
is the result of an analysis of the first trough a metacomputation.

For example we can not be aware of our use of category theory or our
intuitions because they are hardwired programs, not interpreted programs.
We can not know  our deep thinking structures because they are not exposed
as metacomputations. When we use metaphorically the verb "to be fired"  to
mean being redundant, we are using category theory but we can not be aware
of it.  Only after research that assimilate mathematical facts with the
observable psichology of humans, we can create an awareness of it by means
of an adquired metacomputation.

The same happens with the intuitions. We appreciate the beauty of a woman
for adaptive reasons, but not the computation that produces this intuition.
In the other side, we can appreciate the fact that the process  of
diagonalization by Gödel  makes the Hilbert program impossible, That same
conclusion can be reached by a program that metacomputes a constructive
mathematical program. (see my post about the Gödel theorem).

Again, I do not see COMP a problem for the Existential problem of free will
nor in any other existential question.