From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-04, 12:42:01
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two reasons why computers IMHO cannot
exhibitintelligence

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012? Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> God created the human race.

And when God asks Himself the question "Why have I always existed, why haven't
I always not existed?" what answer in his omniscience does He come up with? ?

> God is the uncreated infinite intelligence

There was once a patent issued for a combination rat trap and potato peeler and
people laugh about that, but using the exact same organ for both excretory and
reproductive purposes does not seem very intelligent to me either, much less
infinitely intelligent. And putting the blood vessels and nerves for the retina
of the eye in front not in the back so the light must pass through them to get
to the light sensitive cells also does not seem very smart; no engineer in his
right mind would place the gears to move the film in a camera so that the light
must pass through the gears before hitting the film. That's not the sort of
thing you'd expect God to do, but it's exactly what you'd expect Evolution to
do.

?ohn K Clark