On 9/7/2012 4:11 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 9/6/2012 11:52 AM, Brian Tenneson wrote:

A too much powerful God leads to inconsistency.

What if reality does not always obey the laws of logic?  What if
reality is sometimes inconsistent?

This is a confusion of levels. Logic is rules about truth
preservation in declarative sentences.  Not 'obeying the laws of
logic' just means declaring inconsistent sentences. We try to avoid
this because such utterances would have no determinate meaning. So a
*descriptions* of reality may be inconsistent (and therefore useless)
but reality is just whatever it is.  It can't be inconsistent because
it's not assertions.

Brent

This could work provided we could separate the world into mental and physical states. The question remains though if under physicalism one says that mental states are actually physical states. Then I do not know how to employ such a consideration in this case.

Evgenii

Dear Evgenii,

What do you imagine would be the consequence of what may be a pair of sets of mental states and physical states for one entity does not match up exactly or even at all with a pair of mental and physical states for another?

--
Onward!

Stephen