Roger,

I agree with John here. Except that his point is more agnostic than atheist.

A better question to John would be: explain where consciousness and universes come from, or what is your big picture. John is mute on this, but his stucking on step 3 illustrates that he might be a religious believer in a material universe, or in physicalism. Perhaps.

To be clear on atheism, I use modal logic (informally). if Bx means "I believe in x", and if g means (god exists)

A believer is characterized by Bg
An atheist by B ~g
An agnostic by ~Bg & ~B~g

But you can replace g by m (primitive matter), and be atheist with respect of matter, etc.

Someone who say that he does not believe in God, usually take for granted other sort of God, that is they make a science, like physics, which is irreproachable by itself, into an explanation of everything, which is just another religion or pseudo religion, if not assumed clearly.

I advocate that we can do theology as seriously as physics by making clear the assumptions. Like with comp which appears to be closer to Bg than to Bm. But g might be itself no more than arithmetical truth, or even a tiny part of it.

Bruno

On 10 Sep 2012, at 18:27, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012  Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> If you are an atheist, prove that God does not exist. If you can't, you are a hypocrite in attacking those that do believe that God exists. You haven't a leg to stand on.

A fool disbelieves only in the things he can prove not to exist, the wise man also disbelieves in things that are silly. A china teapot orbiting the planet Uranus is silly, and so is God.

 John K Clark