On 24 Sep 2012, at 18:16, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Monday, September 24, 2012 5:13:11 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 23 Sep 2012, at 20:11, Craig Weinberg wrote:

> On Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:28:49 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
> On 23 Sep 2012, at 15:05, Roger Clough wrote:
>
> > Hi Evgenii Rudnyi
> >

> > Phenomena are the how physical processes appear to our senses.
> > So they are appearances, not the processes themselves.
> > But scientific experiments and measurements are not
> > made on the appearances, they are made on the
> > processes. Thus the appearences areor [phenomena
> > are said to be "well-grounded"  in the processes themselves.
> >
> > Kant spelled this out in great detail,  calling "noumena" the
> > actual physical process which we cannot reach by our senses,
>

> And which does not exist, at least not in the sense that they cause
> our senses.
> This is the most counter-intuitive aspect of comp, as the physical
> process are projection on the conditions making the dream coherent.
>
> Why does comp want coherent dreams?

Coherent dreams are reasonable data.

Why does comp want reasonable data?

Comp does not want them. We have them. They are what *we* want to explain. Comp is just the working hypothesis.

Bruno

Comp has to justify their
existence (easy, with comp),  and their relative measure (hard).

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/N8X4rKc0vyYJ .