On 07 Oct 2012, at 15:14, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

On 07.10.2012 14:44 Roger Clough said the following:
Hi Evgenii Rudnyi

I know that, but his theory of electromagnetism is a physical
theory, even if it's hard to pin down the extension property.

Physical theories can tell us nothing about philosophy or mind or
God, since they cannot deal with meaning. Physics is meaningless.

I am working with engineers and they simulate Maxwell equations to develop even better products. Hence physics brings meaning to minds of engineers.

Come on! Then you can say that porn gives mind to sex amateur. It was clearly not the sense asked by Roger. The question is how physics can explain the mind. A priori, with comp, physics can do that, as physics can explain the Turing universality of some system, and so can use the comp explanation for the mind. But then such an explanation prevent physics to explain matter, and it is matter which becomes the complex problem, as we have to justify the laws of physics by the statistic on the dreams in arithmetic.