On 17 Oct 2012, at 19:19, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

IMHO all life must have some degree of consciousness
or it cannot perceive its environment.

Are you sure?

Would you say that the plants are conscious? I do think so, but I am not sure they have self-consciousness.

Self-consciousness accelerates the information treatment, and might come from the need of this for the self-movie living creature having some important mass.

"all life" is a very fuzzy notion.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/17/2012