2012/10/22 Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:03:48PM +0200, Alberto G. Corona  wrote:
> > This does not implies a reality created by an UD algorithm. It may be a
> > mathematical universe, that is a superset of the computable universes.
> The
> > measure problem in the UD algorith translates to the problem of the
> > effectivity of the Occam Razor, or the problem of the apparent simplicity
> > of the phisical laws, or, in other words, their low kolmogorov
> complexity,
> > that solomonov translates in his theory of inductive inference.
> >

> I don't know. Around here, that problem is called the "White Rabbit
> problem", and IMHO is solved by Solomonoff's theory of inductive
> inference (with appropriate modern nuances). Not everbody agrees,
> however.
>
> The UD measure problem (as I understand it), is a computational
> question of what the measure actually is. Whatever it is, it will
> satisfy the properties of Solomonoff's universal prior, so will solve
> the WR problem. However, it is conjectured that the UD measure will
> differ in some measurable way from a universal prior obtained by
> postulating a uniform measure over the set of all infinite length
> binary strings treated as binary expansions of real numbers (see my
> paper Why Occams Razor for as an example work doing exactly that). If
> measurable, we have a means of selecting between different ensemble
> everything theories by experiment.

Thanks. I'll read your paper. From all the mathematical consideraitions.
IMHO the kolmogorov-solomonof research is the closest one to solving the
conundrum of the discovery of the macroscopical laws by computing living
beings in a mathematical universe (which may have a underlying
computational nature, but I think that this is a limitation that is not
justified).