From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-03, 09:49:53
Subject: Re: "The best of all possible Worlds."

On 1/3/2013 9:30 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

1) I dobn't know what you mean by subjective. Things happen.
Crap happens.

2). You seem to have some incorrect ideas about Leibniz.

Leibniz in no way pretended that he created a perfect system.
The world is far from perfect. All L  did suggest is that God did
the best job he could, considering the constraints of contingency. Consider
volcanoes and the tectonic plates, the sometimes evil tendencies of man.
And our perceptions, for excample, are distorted. Our hearts
are distorted. And bad things can happen, there's nothing to prevent
in a contingent world .

Hi Roger,

    The entire idea that our lives are in the hands of some ultimate conscious
and controlling agent is a relic of the days of monarchies. The ability to
think for ourselves, make choices and learn form consequences is better, IMHO.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/3/2013