On 10 Jan 2013, at 13:52, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Atheists are those that refuse to worship the false gods they invent.

OK.

They look for truth and untruth from the logic of analogies
instead of seeking the Living God of the Bible, who isn't an analogy.

Here I can't follow you, as I don't believe more in the Bible (and which bible?) than in Alice in Wonderland (one of the deepest spiritual text in my opinion)

My willingness to attribute a reference to God in the bible is proportional to the idea that the bible is not a sacred text.

Even formal arithmetic has different non-isomorphic interpretations (yet with a common standard part), so the bible is too much prose to see it as a serious reference, with univocal interpretation. I honor the bible as an historical important text(s) in the human development, but I would not refer to it as "serious or factually convincing theology".

Bruno

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/10/2013