On 1/10/2013 2:28 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 1/10/2013 1:58 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
    Hi Craig,

    I tend to agree with what you say (or what I understand of it). Despite my
belief
    that it is possible to extract memories (or their 3p shadows) from a brain,
I do
    not believe in the neuroscience hypothesis that consciousness emerges from
brain
    activity. I'm not sure I believe that there is a degree of consciousness in
    everything, but it sounds more plausible than the emergence from complexity
idea.

    Do you agree that intelligence requires complexity?

I'm not sure intelligence and complexity are two different things.

Of course they're two different things. An oak tree is complex but not intelligent. The question is whether you think something can be intelligent without being complex?