From: socra...@bezeqint.net
Receiver: Everything List
Time: 2013-01-22, 02:46:12
Subject: Re: the curse of materialism

  Lecture : Scientific heresy. Nov 1, 2011 in Edinburgh.
      / By Matt Ridley /
My topic today is scientific heresy.
When are scientific heretics right and when are they mad?
How do you tell the difference between science and pseudoscience?

#
Just this month Daniel Shechtman won the 2011 Nobel Prize
 in chemistry for quasi crystals, having spent much of his career
 being vilified and exiled as a crank
? was thrown out of my research group.
They said I brought shame on them with what I was saying.?

http://www.bishop-hill.net/blog/2011/11/1/scientific-heresy.html

==.