On Monday, February 4, 2013 12:22:53 PM UTC-8, Craig Weinberg wrote:

> On Monday, February 4, 2013 3:09:16 PM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:
>

>> but there is a self reference when we try to imagine how the brain or a
>> computer process geometry, and we imagine them embedded in the space and
>> time that they create, which is not a correct intuition. we must imagine it
>> in no time and no space. IMHO.
>>

> That's what I think too, geometry without space isn't geometry, so that
> there is no reason to assume that mathematics produces geometric
> presentations, or that it could possibly produce them. If we want
> mathematics to occupy space, we have to pull that possibility out of thin
> air, as well as the capacity for numbers to suddenly do that (and why would
> they need to?)
>
> Craig

Doesn't the quantum physical reality of information mean that all math *is*
geometry?

Put another way, math without a substratum would be in some platonic world,
and not the real one, so aren't you basically asking if there's some way to
do math without form?

Forgive me if I'm being an idoit. ;)

~Simon