On 09 Feb 2013, at 12:55, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

Opinions about this?
As allways, excuses for my dyslexic writing. Sometimes I can not avoid it

I will come back later, when I have more time, on this. Here I will just assess what you say below:

That plants produce physyological and psichological alterations in order to defend themselves from being eaten is a almost evident fact.

I agree. Actually many plants can make a sophisticate control on animals, mainly insects. The plants have the complex task to attract pollinators and to repulse predators. They make color and nectars, to pollinators, but some orchids makes the only perfume that some bees can use to attract and be accepted by young bee queens. Some plants and some insects can produce subtle behavior changes in other animals. The chemical relation between plants and animals are more and more understood to be far more complex and important that we have thought. Animals are the pet of plants :)

More later,

Bruno

Domestications of a plant is the effort to enlarge their edibility by reducing the active substances. Cereals have almost no altering substances because its long history of domestication. That´s why kinds naturally eat cereals. But if you drink two litres of orange juice, it is probable that you will vomit to avoid the excess of substances that the liver can not detoxify fast enough.