On Mon, Feb 4, 2013  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

 > If geometry did not exist. Could you invent it with mathematics alone?

Mathematicians have invented geometries of 5, 6, 7, or even a infinite
number of dimensions as in Hilbert space even though they have no tactile
experience of such things. They do this by increasing the number of
independent parameters that are needed to define a point particle. Then
they specify a few simple logically consistent rules by which one set of
parameters can morph into another set of parameters and call this process
"movement".

A Turing Machine could do the same thing, but I do admit that It a Turing
Machine requires the existence of at least one dimension, I don't see how a
zero dimensional point brain could work because you need things to be able
to change in it.

  John K Clark