On 09 Feb 2013, at 00:49, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Outside of consciousness, there is no possibility of discerning any difference between accidental byproducts and selected products. Only consciousness selects. Only consciousness has accidents.

Good point.

But this does not make consciousness a good fundamental concept to which we can depart. With computaionalism the number are better. Consciousness is when number relation supports local person's belief in a reality or in a truth.

Bruno

Craig