On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Craig Weinberg
<whatsons...@gmail.com<javascript:;>>
wrote:

> As far as the stock market being computable, how would you go about
> determining, for instance, whether or not I rebalance my 401k and on what
> day and time?

You can't, because it's a chaotic system. If you eschew computers and
"simulate" the stock market by building an entire world with humans and an
economy you would get a stock market that functions similarly to the
original but not the same as the original, so it would be almost useless
for predicting a particular stock movement. A computer simulation can't be
expected to be better than a simulation with real humans living in a real
world. In other words, you would be simulating *a* stock market, not *the*
stock market.

> The brain has the same issue - you can't tell what it is going to do from
> the outside, because the behavior on the outside is often driven by  the
> story going on the inside - which cannot be known unless you too are on
the
> inside.

But that's the case for everything. Its behaviour is driven by what is
going on on the inside as well as what's going on on the outside.

--
Stathis Papaioannou

--
Stathis Papaioannou