I have tried both DMT and salvia, although my salvia hits were much milder
than my DMT doses. I found DMT quite terrifying in many ways, and I can
totally relate what Bruno says regarding the salvia experience not being
fun, how it is hard and exhausting, and how one procrastinates its use, to
my experience of DMT. I keep intending to use it again, but continually put
it off, because it is just such a difficult thing for the mind to deal
with. One isn't physically or mentally tired afterwards, but one's *soul* is
exhausted! It's the most spiritually taxing thing imaginable. There is
something terribly impersonal about the world one enters, like some vast
machinery of mind in which anything is conceivable. It is extremely harsh.
Mind you, it might be totally different the next time - despite
commonalities between trips, it is wildly unpredictable. One thing I did
notice was that low doses of salvia leave the well-known positive hang
over, whereas low doses of DMT do not. I was never able to get a big enough
hit from salvia to get me anywhere near the extreme  psychic bungee-jump of
DMT, but I'm sure with a pure enough product, the experience is probably
similar in intensity.