On 19 Mar 2013, at 22:25, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

Since I´m more in the side of Aquinas/Aristotle -or even Plato sometimes-

?
I see Plato and Aristotle as the most opposite view we can have on reality. (To be sure by Aristotle I means its usual interpretation by the followers. Aristotle himself is still close to Plato, at least that can be accepted, if only because his treatise on metaphysics is quite unclear and hard to interpret).

I don not share the Occam views.Occam was a nominalist, that is rejected the existence of universals, he did not like to think in terms universals, because if universals exist, for example Truth, Love and Peace then they impose some obligations to God: for example, God must do Good, and must not do Evil by definition. Then, why Evil exist?

Nominalist did not like to think about these entitities, and wanted an omnipotent God. That was the original meaning of the Occam razor.

In the least Occam refer only to the idea that between a simple (short) and a complex (long) theory, having the same explanative power for the same range of phenomena, we will choose the shorter, and this most often (but allowing exception). It is the idea that the conceptually simple is better than the ad hoc complex construct. In particular we don't introduce as axiom what is a theorem.

But the secularization of this principle produced the modern concept of materialist science,

I am not sure. materialism violate Occam directly. It is bad metaphysics at the start. No one has ever given a way to test the existence of primary matter.

separated from philosophy, via an empiricism science and the negation of the nous of the greek, the common sense and finally the negation of the possibility of objective understanding of anything but some phisical phenomena, and in general the negation of anything that can be not tested by experiments

This is more like Aristotle + a bit of positivism. Positivism has been refuted, mainly. But most scientist still believe that Aristotelianism is "scientific". They confuse the physical reality with the primary physical reality.

Bruno