On 11 Jun 2013, at 23:18, John Mikes wrote:

Laughing stock: how can so many excellently educted and smart(est) scientists SERIOUSLY debate on farces like flying pink elephants?

Those are test cases, extreme case, to argue more easily on the question of existence, which is not obvious. Of course we are not discussing on the existence of flying elephants at all.

Bruno

JM