On 12 Jun 2013, at 22:38, meekerdb wrote:

On 6/12/2013 1:34 PM, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:
Physicalism is by itself a strong assumption, incompatible with a simple and elegant theory of mind (computer science/arithmetic).

You say that from time to time, but when pressed it seems to just be that assuming fundamental matter is, assuming comp, otiose - not incompatible.

They are epistemologically incompatible, or if you prefer, incompatible with the use of Occam razor, which I assume in the search of the TOE. (I have explained this already, so to be short, I just "say incompatible").

If it were incompatible, then derivative matter would be incompatible too.

Of course.