Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:58:49 -0700
From: cdemorse...@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Serious proof of why the theory of evolution is wrong
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com

Brent ~ I follow the logic and am not arguing with it.  I was wondering if
there is any evidence baked into the DNA so to speak; in other words are there
any areas of coding DNA that are known to be (or perhaps suspected of being)
linked to and involved with such behavioral traits as herding instinct etc.
that have been shown to have evolved in dogs (or more accurately been bred into
dogs by human directed breeding for desired traits).  I would not be surprised
at all to find that there were, and feel pretty certain that a delta mapping of
wolf DNA and say a Sheep Collies DNA will show changes in the key sets of genes
that would be implicated in these behaviors... that is if we know what they
 are.  Mapping behaviors to genes gets tricky because things as complex as a
behavior, such as the instinct to herd sheep, probably draws upon multiple DNA
coding sequences located in possibly different genes even. I don't think
geneticists really have nailed down how instincts are wired into our genetic
heredity -- we have statistical correlations and such, but - perhaps it is my
own ignorance, but no clear story as to how these genetically encoded behavior
genes actually work -- end to end.  While, for example some Newspaper headline
may boldly state that scientists have found the "gene" for aggression say, a
deeper read will reveal that what was found was some DNA that may influence
whether or not an individual becomes aggressive, for example, but that whether
they actually do or not also depends on a lot of other
 co-factors, making it hard to determine what the trigger chain of events and
changes actually is in reality. Very often, it turns out there is an
environmental component in how behavioral traits arise in an individual as
well. The interplay between hereditary information and the many dynamic
processes at work in the organism at each phase: from the transcription phase
that ultimately results in mRNA strands becoming used as a template in the
ribosome to produce amino acid chains is still too poorly understood -- IMO --
for assertive statements. We hypothesize the genetic component in many
behaviors; have found regions of DNA that are implicated in controlling
behavior, but the science is still underdeveloped, the genetic maps we have at
our disposal far too course and incomplete and our
 understanding of the many dynamic processes at work still incomplete.  But --
[laughing] -- maybe I just need to catch up... it is such a rapidly moving
field. -Chris