On Tue, Oct 1, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Every one know that if we assume that if the Helsinki man can survive
> digital teleportation, in each of those futures he will feel to be unique,
> and living in only one city,

Digital teleportation is not necessary, with existing technology I can make
a real experiment, not just a thought experiment, that incorporates all the
philosophical implications, such as they are, as your hi-tech version. In
Helsinki I put you into a soundproof box, I then flip a fair coin and put
you and the box on a jet headed to either Washington of Moscow. Several
hours later you push a button, the box opens and you find out what city
your eyes are receiving signals from. Do you find anything about this
surprising or philosophically interesting? I don't.

> > and the question asked in Helsinki was bearing about the expectation on
> which city he will feel to see when opening the door.

Who cares? Expectations have NOTHING to do with a feeling of self, and
that's what we're talking about.

  John K Clark