On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> what you say confirms that both the W-man and the M-man will assess that
> they were unable to predict the result of opening the door

Bruno I really didn't need your help on that, I already knew that I can't
always successfully predict what I will see after I open a door.

>> I agree that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what
>> you're going to see next. Forrest Gump had that figured out a long time ago.
>>

> > That applies to all indeterminacies. You would have said to the founders
> of QM that we know about indeterminacy since Pascal or Boltzman.

No, the founders of Quantum Mechanics were saying 2 things that neither
Pascal or Boltzman were:

1) Some events have no cause.
2) Probability is a property of the thing itself and not just a measure of
our lack of information.

The sort of indeterminacy you're talking about was first discovered by
Professor Og of Caveman University who didn't write in the journal
Paleolithic Times because Professor Og didn't know how to write.

> What is new with the FPI in this setting is that everything is
> deterministic in the 3p-view, yet indetermistic in the 1-view,

The trouble is that Bruno Marchal is unable to say who exactly is that is
experiencing this "1-view".  Without using pronouns please explain who the
hell Mr. 1 is and then maybe I can answer your questions.

  John K Clark