On 29 Oct 2013, at 03:41, Richard Ruquist wrote:

So matter is just maya-illusion.

Yes. That's the result. UDA shows that if we can survive with a digital brain, by virtue of its infomation handling power (and not some magic), then matter is only appearance in the mind of some (relative) numbers.
That's the key point.

That is really religion- right?

Hmm... The tone used here makes me suspecting that you are using "religion" in some pejorative sense. But yes it is theology. I insist on this almost at the start: comp is the belief in a form of technological reincarnation, and as such, cannot be justified rationally. We have to bet.. But we can do that bet from evidences (nature exploits replacement all the times, the known laws are all Turing emulable, etc.).

It means also that if a scientist says "science as shown that we are machine", that scientist is a pseudo-scientist, or a pseudo-priest, or some con who want steal your money.
Comp is "yes doctor", and it entails the right to say "No, doctor".

Comp makes number theology the most fundamental science unifying all the others. Indeed.

Of course today's theology has not yet come back to the academy, and institutionalized theologies are politicized and used to control people. We are still in an era where we tolerated authoritative arguments in religion (and other human sciences), where actually it is the place where such arguments are the most wrong possible.

The enlightenment period was half-enlightenment. All sciences go through, except the most fundamental one: theology. Theology has been scientific only with the Greeks, Chinese and Indian. In Occident it is still a taboo.

I like to say: bad faith fears reason, bad reason fears faith.

Bruno