Just a few points:

The advantage of individualism, is it reduces lemming marches, when everyone is running in the wrong direction. Secondly, the european and australian members here should realize that the usa has has socialized medicine for the poor, and for the elderly, for over 50 years now, called medicaid, and medicare. It seemed some did not know this fact. Thirdly, most Marxists have capitalist pals, crony capitalists, and the ideals of Marxism have co-mingled the needs of the super rich. Its a global phenomena. So how do you all like it? Fourth Ayn Rand was a script writer, and more of a Shakspeare, then a social philosopher. In Shrugged, she also used a bit of scifi, amidst a dystopia, which if we are not careful, could be our future. The cronyism of politics she got 100 percent correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 4, 2013 9:05 pm
Subject: Re: Our Demon-Haunted World

So just "corporatism", then?

Although there is a lot of "superorganism" worship and desire for national glory in the US, and a strong desire to conquer "inferior and backward nations" - often by commercial rather than military means. Plus paying lip service to individualism doesn't seem to contradict your description of fascism. I guess this is just a matter of degree, perhaps. After all, one wouldn't wish to appear too outwardly fascist after the bad rap fascism has had in the 20th century.