On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrot

>> make 17 into a composite number. God obeys to logic,
>>

> >> So the God theory has zero explanatory power
>
> > That does not follow.

I think it does.

> > Newton's theory obeys to logic too.

Yes, neither Newton's theory nor the God theory can explain why there is
something rather than nothing, so why pick the theory that just inserts
pointless wheels within wheels?

> >> Even for questions less deep the "God has power" theory still explains
>> nothing unless it can explain exactly how that "power" works, and if you
>> understand all about that "power" then God Himself becomes redundant, a
>> useless fifth wheel. For example, if you say that God created the first
>> living organism on the Earth 4 billion years ago that explains nothing
>> unless you can explain how He did it, and if you know that you don't need
>> God.
>>

> > I have already insist that God cannot be part of the explanation. We
> agree on this.

Then I repeat my question, why add useless wheels within wheels that
explain nothing to otherwise nice theories?

  John K Clark