On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>  >>> and following duplication there is a 50% chance of finding oneself at
>> the intended destination
>>

> >> JOHN CLARK HATES PRONOUNS! Following duplication there is a 100% chance
> Jason Resch will be at the intended destination.
>
> > Yes, but the question is asked before the duplication.

Then why did it include the words "following duplication" in the above?

> If you say 100% for this city, the guy in the other city will understand
> that he was mistaken,

For a logician you sure aren't very logical. If today I predict that
tomorrow a green object will be found in Washington and tomorrow you show
me a red stop sign that you found in Washington does that provide enough
information to prove that my prediction of yesterday was wrong?

>>> If someone creates a copy of you somewhere, there is a 50% chance you
>>> will find yourself in that alternate location.

>> somewhere, there is a 100% chance Jason Resch will find Jason Resch to be
>> in that alternate location.
>>

> > After the duplication. Not before

Obviously after the duplication!!  Before the duplication or teleportation
nothing unusual has happened yet so there is a 0% chance that Jason Resch
will find Jason Resch to be in a alternate location.

  John K Clark