On 26 Dec 2013, at 19:06, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Jason, and Bruno,

I went through Bruno's paper which is interesting but speculative and based, as he admits, on a number of unestablished assumptions.

Yes. "yes doctor" + Church's thesis, in the UD Argument , and only elementary arithmetic in AUDA.

All theories are assumption. Science always put the assumptions on the table together with the means of testing and verifying arguments.

Again the basic problem I see is that this is all a theory constructed of human math with no reason to believe any of it applies to the actual real math that computes reality.

I reassure you. It is the exact contrary.

Now, if you don't believe that 2+2=4, then there is nothing I can do for you.

Reality continues to merrily compute the current state of the universe with no problems whatsoever in spite of all human mathematicians' theories.

What do you mean by Reality?
You are using the term like a God-of-the gap. That is like pseudo- religion or pseudo-science.

Can anyone give me any empirical evidence at all that any of Bruno's theory actually applies to any of the computational structure of reality? I don't mean whether its a valid mathematical theory or not. I mean look and examine what reality is actually doing and tell me if it's actually doing what Bruno postulates it is. That after all is the only scientific test....

Just find the flaw in the argument.