On 17 January 2014 03:10, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Reality itself is doing the computing... The aspect of reality called
> 'happening' drives it...
>
> That isn't an answer to *anything* I've asked. Naming something doesn't
explain what it is.
I thought you'd have enough pride in your own ideas, if nothing else, to at
least try to give a proper answer to the questions I asked,  but you have
simply chosen to ignore them.

Let me repeat them, in case you missed them, and see if you have the
intellectual honesty to at least attempt to explain yourself, for once.

*I would like to know what Edgar's answer is. Obviously Edgar's theory
doesn't use the UD, because he has clearly stated that he thinks comp is
false. He even started a thread called "Bruno's fundamental mistake (IMHO)"
! *

*OK, I admit that going on past behaviour I shouldn't expect a sensible
answer from Edgar. I know I'm most likely to some snide comment telling me
it's too obvious to explain, or insinuating that I'm a moron for asking.
But even so, I think the polite and courteous thing to do is to keep asking
questions, and I  live in hope that I will get proper answers from Edgar,
and that eventually, if every step of his argument is clarified
sufficiently, it will either start making sense to me, or stop making sense
to him, as the case may be.*

*So, my original questions were, what is the nature of a world in which
everything is computational? For example, is it physical or abstract or
something else? (And if so, what?) Does it have physical computational
machinery of some sort (like CY compact manifolds), or if not, whatdoes it
have?*