On 17 Jan 2014, at 19:24, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Dear Bruno,

   I was not clear. Let me try again.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 4:24 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 16 Jan 2014, at 15:18, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Dear Bruno,

  Let me first say that I share your opinion of physicalism!

My point is that it is the only opinion available to any self- referentially correct machines (believing in rationality and some amount of occam (the amount needed to disbelieve in fairy tales).

As to the empirical evidence of inorganic minds. What behavior should we look for?

By comp, the behavior (indeed even the subjective experience) is the same for organic and inorganic mind.

I am inviting you to speculate here. I agree that the behavior will be the same for organic and inorganic system; all that matters is that the necessary functionality exist for the computations to supervene or "run" on the hardware. My question is about the particularities of the functions that would be required for a mind. From my study so far, based on your remarks and reasoning (thank you!) and those of Lou Kauffman, it seems that a recursively expressible reflexivity function is necessary.

Define this. careful, in that domain "reflexivity" means []p -> p, or GÖdel or Löb, and that is incompatible.

What functions does the Löb's theorem require?
I think that Lou's eigenforms are a starting point for recursively expressible reflexivity, but I am still not able to see the full expression of in the eigenforms as the P is not parametrized by the recursion depth. (His eigenforms are very similar to the Dx = xx formula except that they are parameterizable in time/recursion depth.

I appreciate very much Kaufmann, especially on knots. "His" eigen form is the bred of the logicians since Gödel. Your correction on Dx = xx is of the type 1004 fallacy. As I use that expression to refer to any form of the second recursion theorem of Kleene.

I ask this with all seriousness, as I have been researching methods to detect AGI (another way to denote inorganic minds) and have found that there are, IMHO, very good arguments (particularly by Goetzel) that have been made that show that we should not expect AGI to interact via "natural languages" and will not have models of the world that can be mapped via simple bijections to our models of the world. Basically, their "physics" are expected to be very different.

That does not make sense to me. The AGI might have different qualia, but if it does get the right comp quanta, then the AGI will conclude that he/it/she is not a machine, which is absurd, or that comp is wrong, and then it is a zombie!

No, I am asking about the forms of expression that the AGI may have to "communicate" with each other.

It can have any form, as long as being able to send and receive signals. I don't see the relevance with the preceding paragraph.

Keep in mind that I am not a philosopher. I explain a result in the (comp) theology of machines, which is a branch of arithmetic (by the UDA: that is not obvious at all)..